At Skyway Canada, our most important asset is our people, that’s why safety is an integral part of our industry.
Our “Health, Safety and Environmental Protection (HS&E) Program,” every person is responsible and accountable for safety – from Senior Management to the individual worker. Through Skyway Canada’s Employee Commitments, each person pledges to demonstrate their belief in safety – whether at work, on the road, or at home.
BEYOND BEST PRACTICES
Our HS&E responsibilities and expectations are embedded into our management systems and processes, as they are a part of our core values. From our comprehensive “Gold Hand & Green Hand” awareness program to our “Fitness for Duty” program, our HS&E programs go above and beyond regulatory standards to ensure everyone’s safety.
Skyway Canada HS&E Program provides:
- Corporate policy, assigned responsibilities, and workplace rules
- Hazard assessment and controls
- Ongoing work orientation, training and education, and communication
- Job-specific safe work practices and procedure
- Equipment operation and maintenance practices and procedures
- Safety requirements and systems that focus on management, employee, and trade contractor awareness to reduce the risk of workplace incidents
- Leading and lagging indicators, audits, and reporting
- Emergency management and response systems and procedures
- STELLAR Safety: An enterprise-based company-wide incident management system
- A modified work program that allows any injured employee to continue working safely during recovery.
- COR: Certificate of Recognition, certified in 8 Provinces
- Headversity: Mental Wellness
Skyway employs a team of certified health and safety professionals to work closely with our managers and employees to support our diversified operations.
CULTURE OF SAFETY
On our jobsite crews hold mandatory daily meetings to address current HS&E issues and ensure our workers adhere to our safety commitments.
Corporate education and training includes
- Joint Health & Safety Committee Certification
- Supervisor Safety Training
- Gold Hand & Green Hand Program
- First Aid Training
- A Workplace Hazardous Material Information System
We see safety as a continuous drive for achievement and improvement because safety benefits everyone. At Skyway Canada, we are committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our workers, clients, and communities where we operate.