We are seeking an experienced Yard Supervisor for our Edmonton Scaffold Yard. The successful candidates will be responsible for the hands on work throughout the yard.
Skyway Canada Limited is one of the country’s leading providers of scaffold and shoring solutions. As a growing company with a strong national presence, our employees have the opportunity to grow and take on new career challenges.
At Skyway, our employees are our most important asset. That’s why we invest in our employees to ensure their safety on the job. Our full-time Corporate Health and Safety Managers are specialists in occupational health and safety, and ensure our products and our people are safe. We provide extensive and continuous Health and Safety training programs for all employees.
Our investment goes beyond safety to provide training opportunities to our on-site and management employees across the country. It gives our employees the chance to continuously improve their skills and knowledge.
- Safe management of company resources
- Conducting inventory counts
- Supervision of warehouse/yard personnel and delegation of tasks
- Ensuring proper maintenance of materials and equipment
- Conducting daily toolbox talks
- Liaison with Operations Coordinator on documentation of material movements
- Counting and Verifying of Shipments and Returns
- Assist with the preparation of scaffold material
- Assist with stocking of the scaffold material
- Assist with shipping and receiving
- Assist with loading scaffold material
- Organizing of yard stock
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of scaffolding materials considered an asset
- Valid CSTS2020 (Construction Safety Trains Systems) certificate
- Valid WHMIS2015
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to perform heavy labour
- Must be capable of lifting up to “50” lbs
- Must have zoomboom/forklift experience
- Previous yard foreman experience considered an asset
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Applicants that reside in Edmonton will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 5 days on/2 days off shift rotation working 8 hours per day (shift commencing on a Monday)
- Work will be primarily outdoors in all weather conditions
At Skyway, you’ll be part of a team that is passionate about what we do and how we do it. Since 1967, we’ve delivered innovation, efficiency and safety to commercial and industrial projects across Canada. Skyway gives you the training, the challenges and the opportunity to take your career to new heights.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Licence/Certification: Driver’s License (preferred)
- Posted on 2 Feb, 2023