We are seeking Scaffolders of all levels for IPL Site in Cochrane, Alberta area. The successful candidates will be responsible for installing and dismantling scaffolds required on site.
Skyway Canada Limited is one of the country’s leading providers of scaffold and shoring solutions. As a growing company with a strong national presence, our employees have the opportunity to grow and take on new career challenges.
At Skyway, our employees are our most important asset. That’s why we invest in our employees to ensure their safety on the job. Our full-time Corporate Health and Safety Managers are specialists in occupational health and safety, and ensure our products and our people are safe. We provide extensive and continuous Health and Safety training programs for all employees.
Our investment goes beyond safety to provide training opportunities to our on-site and management employees across the country. It gives our employees the chance to continuously improve their skills and knowledge.
- Utilizes site drawings and written instructions to select materials required to set ground levels for scaffolds
- Installs scaffold tubes, support braces and clamps to form bases for scaffolds
- Lifts and positions sections of scaffolding and connects components together to build scaffolding as per site requirements
- Places planks over horizontal bearers to create platforms
- Monitors levels in scaffolding structures to ensure stability
- Dismantles scaffolding at the completion of a job
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be a Ticketed Scaffolder with a recognized provincial training authority
- Must have experience working in an industrial setting
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS 2020 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification, Whmis2015, Fall Protection, and H2S Alive
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Applicants that reside in the Cochrane, Alberta area will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 5 on 2 off 8hr/day Monday – Friday
- Day Shift
- Benefits provided by CLAC
At Skyway, you’ll be part of a team that is passionate about what we do and how we do it. Since 1967, we’ve delivered innovation, efficiency and safety to commercial and industrial projects across Canada. Skyway gives you the training, the challenges and the opportunity to take your career to new heights.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 10 months
Salary: $24.10-$40.17 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Posted on 2 Feb, 2023