We are seeking Local Apprentice Scaffolders for our Sites in the Edmonton, Alberta area. The successful candidates will be responsible for installing and dismantling scaffolds required on site.
Skyway Canada Limited is one of the country’s leading providers of scaffold and shoring solutions. As a growing company with a strong national presence, our employees have the opportunity to grow and take on new career challenges.
At Skyway, our employees are our most important asset. That’s why we invest in our employees to ensure their safety on the job. Our full-time Corporate Health and Safety Managers are specialists in occupational health and safety, and ensure our products and our people are safe. We provide extensive and continuous Health and Safety training programs for all employees.
Our investment goes beyond safety to provide training opportunities to our on-site and management employees across the country. It gives our employees the chance to continuously improve their skills and knowledge.
- Utilizes site drawings and written instructions to select materials required to set ground levels for scaffolds
- Installs scaffold tubes, support braces and clamps to form bases for scaffolds
- Lifts and positions sections of scaffolding and connects components together to build scaffolding as per site requirements
- Places planks over horizontal bearers to create platforms
- Monitors levels in scaffolding structures to ensure stability
- Dismantles scaffolding at the completion of a job
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be a Ticketed Scaffolder with a recognized provincial training authority
- Must have experience with swing staging
- Must have experience working in an industrial setting
- Must possess valid CSTS 2020 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification, WHMIS2015, and Fall Protection,
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Applicants must be local the the Edmonton, Alberta area due to the location of these projects
- 5 on 2 8hr/day Monday – Friday (Subject to change for project needs)
- Day Shift
- Benefits provided by CLAC
At Skyway, you’ll be part of a team that is passionate about what we do and how we do it. Since 1967, we’ve delivered innovation, efficiency and safety to commercial and industrial projects across Canada. Skyway gives you the training, the challenges and the opportunity to take your career to new heights.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Apprentice Scaffolder / Swing Stage Rigger
- Posted on 2 Feb, 2023